Friday, June 12, 2009

Wife to be . . .

My lovely WTB elected to catch the bus today. This made the dull and uninteresting 17 mile walk to Harbut Law (1 mile north of Alston) a solitary mind numbing experience. Much of the terrain being boggy Moorland and not really high enough to generate spectacular views!? Slaggyford was the first notable place en route and it was there that I stumbled upon a lovely looking B&B in an old church (www.yewtreechapel.co.uk). Worth trying out next time round! Only 5 more miles to Harbut Law from here, however I had gone off the map. I had given Naomi the next map in order to find the B&B. I had to ring her several times to ask "how many fields before I turn . . ." When I started the final descent towards the B&B Naomi came hobbling up the field towards me in her luminous green 'crocs' complete with cowpat stripes. A sight for sore eyes (not to mention sore knees). Tonight's accommodation is a good 1 mile walk from the nearest pub so we have both done a further 2 miles in order to fill our bellies!! The only other notable point is that the hosts at the B&B sound like they come from Whitley Bay!! Now all say Whitley Bay in a daft geordie accent like I've been doing all evening! 17 miles on my own and I've lost the plot! Doh!
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

1 comment:

  1. Yew Tree Chapel is FAB. Sorry, should have recommended it before you set off.

    ReplyDelete