Monday, June 15, 2009

Hello Bowes . . .

We have walked just 12 miles today to the small village of Bowes. This was a strategic move so that Naomi's dad could meet us to bring maps for 2nd half of route. He also took away with him some unnecessary items from our rucksacks including my new boots. What a prat I am expecting new boots to help!? He also, very kindly, drove us into nearby Castle Barnard to buy provisions for lunch tomorrow as it will be a tough day. It should be said that we spent twice as long in Boots the Chemist as we did in the supermarket, that tells a story! Tonight we are staying at a pub called 'The Ancient Unicorn' it might as well be the Marie Celeste. We were left a key to our room at 3.30pm and 3 hours later we still haven't seen a soul!?? I am thinking of opening the bar myself at about. 8.00pm. Ciao 4 now! x
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment