Thursday, June 11, 2009

Pennine Way training . . .

Today was my third day of training for the PW. At least Naomi had walked the 24 miles to Sheffield a couple of weeks ago. It was also my 3rd day of actually walking the PW. Sounds ridiculous but that is the reality! Luckily some fitness gained and then lost over last few years has provided a base on which to progress. Not brilliant preparation but after being able to get out of bed and then walk a few miles today seems to indicate that the rest can only get easier. As blogged earlier, I rattled off about seven miles today on our rest day. This was for two reasons. Firstly, so as not to seize up and struggle tomorrow, but also to reduce the mileage tomorrow too! Hadrian's Wall isn't really my idea of a good walk, I like to walk up a hill to achieve an improved view, not merely to walk back down again, and then up again and then down again and so on . . . So tomorrow we will commence walking at Greenhead and finish some 15 miles later just north of Alston! Now to make the most of our second night in luxury B&B . . . . now where's that mini-bar . . .
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment